CHILDREN & TEENS
GOALS OF CHILDREN’S CHURCH
- Give the children the foundation to have a relationship with Christ.
- Active involvement and inclusion in class, community and the services.
- Leave every child with G.O.D.- Grace Opportunity Dreams
- Ensure the leadership and philosophies of Abundant Life Ministries are aligned.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY GOALS
- Teach the children the word of God so multi-culturally, they can understand how to make their life, and their life with Christ, one.
- Make every child feel they have been an active participant in each class, service, and activity.
- Be energetic and hard working.
- Have a heart for children and all the potential each child represents.
- Show love, integrity, and excellence in our leadership.
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lorn. Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.” – Jeremiah 29:1
Tools For Teens Program
Tools for Teens is a program designed to provide our teens with the tools necessary for success as they navigate the middle school and high school years. These tools include career planning, setting goals, leadership training, problem solving, conflict resolution, effective habits for success and effective communications. We do bi-monthly community service events such as serving the homeless, habitat for humanity, delivering food to homeless shelters in the region and even fundraising projects. We facilitate and assist the students to ensure they have done the necessary preparations for secondary education based on what they need which has included ACT and SAT signup and preparation, NCAA clearinghouse completion (for student – athletes) and assistance with completing scholarship applications.
We also participate in fellowship events which have included college football and basketball games, trips to cultural centers and artistic events.
Another important aspect is creating a safe environment to discuss and support each other as teens have issues, they sometimes want and need to discuss. They can do this in the classes with trusted teens or in confidence with trained ministers or counselors that they interact with on a weekly basis or monthly basis.
Finally, the staff brings in speakers from different professions including doctors, lawyers, business owners, military professionals, and even these who have gone through the penal system to discuss the importance of decisions and consequences.
In summary, Tools for Teens is a program for all teens to help them navigate the 13-19 years using our faith as a foundation, to prepare them to be strong, Christians as they matriculate towards adulthood. Our objective is to teach our youth in the ways they should go, and as they mature into adults, they will not depart from it.
If you have questions, please reach out to:
Pastor Clinton Arnold